Or hi-lite the column using your mouse and right-click and select Format.
(note: This is no difference from the way I format cells in Excel)

On March 26, 2020 at 5:33:58 PM, Richard Beeston (ar2l...@bigpond.com) wrote:

Hi Jan

At the top of the column above line 1 there is usually a letter from A - Z
or similar

Right click on the letter and it should come up with a "option box that ha
Format Cells. Click on this button and another box will come up with other
options that has some or all of the following options Date, Time, Currency
Number Custom etc Click on the number option if you just want ordinary
numbers and it will give you further options as to where you want decimal
places or click on the time and it will arrange the times for you. Then save
the spreadsheet

Hope this helps
Richard Beeston

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan Macdonald
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2020 9:20 AM
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Time Sheet

Hello OpenOffice,

Wow ~ this is one complicated program. During my career I used Excel, what
a breeze. Then for a fun part-time job post-retirement I was directed to use
OpenOffice. It’s a challenge!

I have a time sheet that is showing the $ sign in the hour column. So for
example if I worked five hours it displays $5.00. How can I remove the
dollar sign and still have the format add my hours?

Thank you!

Jan MacDonald