As a regular user of Calc in Apache OpenOffice I have added two extra items
to my tool bar (another learning curve to do this).  I have added 'Fill
Down' and 'Fill Series'
Fill Series will bring up the Fill Series window which allows a lot  of
alternatives for what is being done in the column or row selected.
Fill down is also useful to repeat text down a number of rows.
Hope this extra information helps.
Jean