Megan,

The assistance for this free, open source product is provided by users just
like you. This email list is the proper place to ask for help. In order for us
to help you it is useful to know some information:
1) What operating system and version are you using?
2) What version of OpenOffice are you using?
3) How much RAM does your computer have?
4) What if any error message do you get when the program crashes?

I have sent you a copy of this message, if you’re not subscribed to the mailing
list you may miss some responses.

Please reply to the users list at: users@openoffice.apache.org so that all
users can assist you.

Sent from my iPhone