Joelle,

Do you mean an OpenOffice Calc file? If you do mean a M$ Excel file you will
need to go to a Microsoft help site.

Assuming it is a Calc file there are some pieces of information that would help
us help you.

1) Do you get an error message when you try to open the file you’re having
problems with? If so what does it say?

2) What operating system and version are you using?

3) How much RAM does your computer have?

4) What version of OpenOffice are you using?

5) How much memory does OpenOffice have allocated for use?

6) How big is the file you’re trying to open?

As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this message to you, if you’re not
subscribed to the users list you may not see all of the responses to your
inquiry.

Please do not respond to my email address, respond to the users group email
address: users@openoffice.apache.org

Sent from my iPhone