On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 15:59:34 +0000
Kenneth Mazikowski <outlook_9e54ca569a289...@outlook.com> wrote:

> I find that recent documentation written by me is being stored in Microsofts
> Word Documents and in order to do further work on them, I would have to
> subscribe to their Office Program paying an annual or monthly fee.  Who gave
> them permission to trap my documents in their system?
>
> The reason I like to work with Open Office, that in the past this was not
> happening to everything I put on Open Office.  Why are my letters, etc.
> released to Microsoft?
>
> Ken Mazikowski

What is happening is that a Windows 10 update has changed the File Associations
which tell Windows 10 which program to use to open the files.  Simply change
the File Associations to point to OpenOffice.  As I am not au fait with Windows
10, you would be best advised to Goolge the best way to do this.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>