Since you are not subscribed to this mailing list, I have sent you a copy of another response to your email.

I agree with him: it takes some time to learn how to use a new program, so be patient. I also have a suggestion of my own. Writer is the name of the component of Apache OpenOffice used to work with text. It has its own documentation that you can download from the following link.  You can also download from the Getting Started Guide the chapter, Getting Started with Writer. Both will make excellent references.

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/OOo3.3_User_Guide_Chapters

Dan