This may be a long shot
Open Format-Character and click on the position tab
spacing should be set to Default.

------ Original Message ------
From: "Pam" <pamid...@brazosnet.com>
To: "users@openoffice.apache.org" <users@openoffice.apache.org>
Sent: 15/02/2021 10:48:16 AM
Subject: Question

I am creating a document to save in Open Office.  I have made several entries
with no problem, but now a space is automatically skipped between characters
and no matter how I try, I can’t get it to stop.  Here is an example:  Pam F
armer.  When I backspace, it deletes the F and when I type it again, it does
the same thing.  Help!  Thank you.  I love this program and have used it for
years, and will continue to.  It does everything I need to do.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10