On Fri, 12 Mar 2021 17:02:12 +0100
Karel Haighton <karel.haigh...@telfort.nl> wrote:

> Dear people
>
> As soon as I create a table of contents in your document, I cannot change
> anything about this table of contents afterwards.
>
> Please pay attention to this
>
> With best regards,
>
> Karel Haighton

A Table of contents is Generated using styles defined in on the Styles tab of
/Insert /Indexes and Tables Indexes and Tables > Table of Contents.  To cause
it to change you need to alter the defining criteria (usually the Heading
styles in the document itself) or the Contents styles defined on the Styles tab
of the Insert window.  To access these once the Table of Contents is generated,
right click on the ToC and choose Edit from the popup. If you wish to manually
change lines of the ToC without using the automatic generation feature, use the
Edit function I mentioned above and uncheck "Protected against manual changes"
on the Index/Table tab of the creation dialog.

You may find it helpful to consult this document:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Writer_for_Students]

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>