At 23:05 09/11/2021 +0000, Hugo Costa wrote:
On Saturday, November 6, 2021, 02:25:15 PM GMT-3, Anna Hall wrote:
I have two recurring issues with Writer 4.1.11 (latest version)
1) The spell-checker doesn't work correctly (in English)
- I can't choose just one word to check. When I select a word, the entire sentence appears in the "Not in dictionary" box. Within the sentence, one word (eg: "scalp" which was spelled correctly!) is highlighted in red, but the suggestion box is empty. In another result (again the entire sentence) "in" is highlighted in red, and in the suggestion box: "sun"
- The thesaurus doesn't work at all - no results!

Do you UPGRADE the version of open office lately ? if yes, THAT is the problem. Because there is a bug every time you change your version.

There is no bug in the enquirer's declared behaviour. The spelling checking acts as it should for her. The problem with "scalp " is not reproducible: I'm guessing that the word may have a capital eye in place of the required lower case ell, which might be easy to miss in a sans serif font. The problem with "in" is similarly not reproducible. It would be useful to see a sample document showing the problems. And she needs to enable the thesaurus, or perhaps to recognise that misspelled or (in particular) long words may have no synonyms in the thesaurus.

Again, if you are seeing problems after upgrading, there is something wrong with how you are attempting this.

Brian Barker