On Fri, 25 Feb 2022 14:40:04 -0500
Linda Hull <chalcedony6...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just downloaded a new copy of Apache OpenOffice 4.1.11 from Sourceforge.
>
> Can someone tell me what to do about this:
> Either another instance of OpenOffice is accessing your personal settings
> or your personal settings are locked.
> Simultaneous access can lead to inconsistencies in your personal settings.
> Before continuing you should make sure user 'Desktop-S7U3OHI/Lhull' closes
> OpenOffice on host 'DESKTOP-S7U30HI'.
> Do you really want to continue?
>
> --- My previous instance of Windows 10 became corrupt due to a power
> failure. Some of my stuff was able to be salvaged, but I don't think I have
> a way to get my settings back, or do you know how to do that?  We backed up
> the drive but probably didn't restore the right file for OO.
>
> Linda

Look in the root of the OpenOffice User Profile, enable Viewing of Hidden or
Archive files, and delete any lock file you find there.  Also, in the folder in
which you Save your files, also enabling Viewing of Hidden or Archive files,
delete and lock files.

Details of the OpenOffice User Profile are given in
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>