The document was created with Word  97. Now, after repairing it, I transformed it to ODT. I think the bug should be fixed. I often tell people to use OpenOffice because it is compatible (and free).
Helmuth

Am 01.07.2022 um 14:45 schrieb ELAINE MURSZEWSKI:
Why would you use Word 97 format?  Personally, when I use a more recent Word format there are never any changes to the document BUT using the Word 97 format there have been.

Elaine

*The best job goes to the person who can get it done without passing the buck or coming back with excuses. ~~ Napoleon Hill*

-----Original Message-----
From: Helmuth Adolph <hinr...@prodelphi.de>
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Sent: Fri, Jul 1, 2022 6:54 am
Subject: OpenOffice destroys Word documents

Hello,

I opened a formerly created writer document which contains pictures in
jpg-format. After changing some text, I stored the file. When opening
the document again, I found all pictures were smaller than before: the
size changed from half page size to stamp size.

This happens when I use the Word 97 format, not when odt- format is used.

Kind regards

--
Helmuth Joachim Hinrich Adolph

  e-mail :hinr...@prodelphi.de