On Mon, 15 Aug 2022 21:25:00 -0600
CHARLES DENNEY II <charlesdenne...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey, I just have a curiosity question for you guys. I have been using
> Apache Open Office for about 10 years now and I love it.
> However, recently I went in to modify one of the documents that I have had
> for several years now, and it says that the document is locked for editing.
> How did this happen and how do I fix it?

it may also be that that your logon name (hence ownership of the files) has
changed with various changes of Windows versions over the years.  A solution
may be to allow the file to open in read-only (i.e. locked for editing) format,
and Ctrl A, Ctrl C into a new document.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>