- Robert
From: Nikhil Kartha <nkarth...@gmail.com>
Sent: February 16, 2023 08:53

The reason I installed OpenOffice is because my dad recommended it when I
was facing an issue with the copy of MS Office that we had. It is quite an
annoyance however that the DOCX files when opened with OpenWriter have to
be converted to ODF inorder to be saved. We typically use Windows and MS
Office is just shipped with it usually. I want to guess that this is also
an online compatible filetype as GMail and Whatsapp are able to open it.
However, I have not had the chance to test ODF and would like to know why
the software forces this conversion and ontop of that states there will be
loss of something when saving in this format.