Copy the file (yes, make a copy) and name the file something like

x.zip

See if the file can be opened. ODT files are stored in a ZIP format so you
should be able to see the files. If the file cannot be opened as a ZIP then the
file is likely not recoverable. If you are able to open the ZIP file then you
at least know that something is correct with the file. Note that some data can
be recovered directly from the ZIP file but it is not a pleasant nor a fast
solution.

If the file is NOT sensative (but I suspect that it is) you can directly send
me an email with the file off list and I can take a peek at the file for you.
Note that the first thing that I will do, however, is to make a copy with a ZIP
file extension and see if I can unzip the file; something that you can likely
do yourself.

Also take a look at the file length.

Finally, and I should have asked this first, any chance you have a backup of
the file?

If your file is named something like "bob.odt", in that same directory is there
another file that starts with the name bob? That might be instructive.

On Monday, February 27, 2023 15:35 EST, Sílvia Ribeiro