You can find the path of the backups in Preferences … OpenOffice -> Paths

Keep in mind that Backups are only written when you Save the file, which is
either press the Save Button or when you Save before you close the file.

The AutoRecovery is only for Recovering the file in case of a System failure or
a Power outage while working on the document.

The Time Machine Backups make only backups from files that are saved on the
disk, while you work on a document the contents is in memory and memory is not
backuped by the Time Machine.

Best practice is to regurarly press the Save Button manualy, if you do this
every 10 minutes you only lost 10 minutes of work.

---- On Wed, 01 Mar 2023 21:33:46 +0100 Seckin Uzun
<uzunx...@crk.umn.edu.INVALID> wrote ---

Hi there,

I lost my file when I clicked the discard button accidentally.

I checked the box showing autosave in every 15 minutes as marked, but I
couldn't see where to restore the file on my Macbook Air.

Can you help me with this?
I had so many hours of studying in that document

Thank you

Seckin I Uzun