James Kelleher wrote:

On Wednesday 19 January 2005 05:56, Duncan Lithgow wrote:

Mark Kirchner wrote:

On Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 2:11:44 PM, Duncan Lithgow wrote:

this basically is normal situation.. except that there seems to be no
swap actually.

how do you configure your swapspace ?

you could try running from console these commands :
free
swapon -s
(second one might require root).

My bash doesn't recognise swapon -s

swapon should be in /sbin, so you could try

/sbin/swapon -s

or become root before starting it, e.g.

su -c swapon -s
sudo swapon -s

Regards,
Mark Kirchner

Thanks Mark, James and Rich.

Knowing that this is not really an OOo problem I've moved my question to
the fedora list,thanks for getting me starting on trackin it down.

swapon isn't working for me, it keeps saying
swapon: cannot stat /dev/hda7: No such file or directory
... so we're still working on this over in fedora list.

Thanks, Duncan

This makes me think you are not getting your swap partition mounted.
Hope you can get this fixed.

Jim TE

I did fix this, thanks for the help.

Duncan