On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 19:39 -0800, Joe Marks wrote:
> What is the advantage of selecting NOT to allow MS
> Windows to open files in the Microsoft format?
>
> It seems to me everyone would choose to allow both
> Windows and OpenOffice to open Microsoft format files.

Please explain. OOo does not stop any windows user from using MSO if it
exists on a system. In fact the installation process goes out of its way
to accommodate a side-by-side  situation. THe only time OOo will
associate itself to MSO files is if there is NO MSO installed. Any other
effects of installing OOo are the result of user actions.
--
Documentation Co-Lead
PLEASE - keep list traffic on the list.  Email sent directly to me may

"Dinna meddle wi' things ye ken nuthin' aboot!"
J.Herriot