I'm not sure what's supposed to be achieved by running Quickstart in the background. When I ran it it took up some 48K of memory, as I recall, and loading documents was none too fast.

I just noticed that, not using Quickstart, I can keep an instance of swriter open (it's listed under Task Manager as Soffice.exe) and only incur a 1.4K memory hit. And opening documents is instantaneous.

So I fail to see the purpose of Quickstart, especially as it has no context menu functions.

Paul

--
Using OOo m69 on WinXP.
Given address is infrequently checked. Please reply to group.