Possibly a reboot?

Paul B. wrote:

Peter Kupfer wrote:

Paul B. wrote:

Well, looks like I broke something. I placed as many user support files as I could in one place, and then pointed Options/Paths to that folder (and only this folder, abandoning the other "parallel" files), for ease of upgrading.

Now, however, autocorrect does not keep any additions. They go into the dialog's list, I OK out, and when I go back they are not there. I checked, and acor1033.dat and acor2057.dat are both not read-only.

Does anyone have any insight on this, or know where I can find how these files are supposed to work?

That is bizarre, I was going to suggest doing what you already said you did in the 1st paragraph.

As a test, you may want to watch the modified time on those files after you click OK in OOo. See of the files are modified or not.

Ok, this morning I fire up m74, and this time I use the context menu to add a "misspelled" word to autocorrect. Lo and behold it takes. I run a series of tests and both autocorrect and autotext now work perfectly. This is after many days of consistent malfunction, and after no changes on my part that I'm aware of.

This is not the first time I've experienced this problem, but it's the first time I tried to get a hold of the way the folder structure might work regarding user support files, so I felt it was time to bear down on the problem, and report it.

Don't know what to say, except that I need to keep watching this, and will report any changes.

Paul

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.8.6 - Release Date: 2/7/2005