In a message dated 2/12/2005 2:28:35 A.M. Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Kevin
Since you are thinking of the long term, it would be worth  having a look
at the forthcoming ooo2 snapshot - notice it's not  recommended for
production use. You can download  from

http://download.openoffice.org/680/index.html

There is a  drawing toolbar with sets of shapes which are similar to the
ones offered  in Word, though they are organised differently

BTW I noticed your  message (written in Word I believe) was coded in
ISO-8859-13, which on my  system is Baltic.  Could switching character sets
be causing your  other problems?

John,

I'm going to handle my questions about using snapshots in another  email.  As
far as the font I used to write in Word goes, I used Times New  Roman and did
no switching. Perhaps when I pasted it into AOL it did something,  but it
looks like it still is Times New Roman to me. Any idea why this font
scrambling
might happen?

Kevin