On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:46:49 -0800, John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am a developer who is interested in converting my Access applications to
> OpenOffice.  Could you please tell me:
>
> 1.      It was not very clear if you have an Access type product?

Access type, but not as advanced. Version 2.0 will however will
resolve the gap (to a large extent).

> 2.      If you do, can I import Access to it.

Presently there is ability to connect to M$ Access DB directly (along
with many other types of DB's) as long as you have the necessary odbc
drivers). Forms can be constructed along with reports, etc... There is
a graphical editor and query constructor similar to that of Access

> 3.      What kind of data structure do you have if any?

There is an internal structure (which is pretty flat file based)
utilised by the bibliographic DB that comes bundled with the product.

The best thing is that trying OOo out is free (apart from download costs).

Paul

> John F. Fionda

HTH, Paul

Remember "Google is your friend!"