On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 13:38 -0500, Douglas Frank wrote:
> Well, the original problem (my problem anyway, I don't know about Jim
> Wagner's) was that I couldn't print to the networked printers directly
> from OO_write.  Running spadmin to set the default properties from "lpr"
> to "kprinter" worked around this.

I run a print server for both my printers and have no problem.

> However I could print just fine using lpr from a command line, emacs, or
> any other app that used 'lpr'.  That kinda made (makes) me think the
> issue is specific to OO, since that's the only application (or set of
> 'em) that wouldn't work with my original queue setup.  Ours are all
> postscript printers, btw.

Try going back to using the generic printer. You should not have to go
through hoops to print yet that is what you describe. I am puzzled by
the problem. Perhaps if you post an example document to your web pages
and give us the url or create an issue in Issue Tracker with the example
doc attached, we will be able to examine the printer settings in the
doc; that is if you have not disabled this feature.

OOo generally accepts the default printer without problem especially if
it is a postscript printer.

As to Jim's problem, I think he has a local problem which I have
discussed with him but he indicated to me that he would have to live
with the problem until he can replace his OOo release.

--
Documentation Co-Lead
PLEASE - keep list traffic on the list.  Email sent directly to me may

"Dinna meddle wi' things ye ken nuthin' aboot!"
J.Herriot