Ian Laurenson wrote:

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 15:27, Ian Laurenson wrote:

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 14:56, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:

Using OOo 1.1.4, I know how to enter design mode and add a command button to a Write document. Using the development build m77 or m79, I can not figure out how to do it. I tried adding a "design mode" button to my toolbar, but it is always disabled. So, can anyone please provide me instructions on how to add a command button to a Write document in the latest development build.

Assume I just opened a new document.

The button is on the controls toolbar. (1.9.79 Linux)

The above maybe a bit sparse so here it is in more detail:

Having opened a new document in Writer:
View > Toolbars > Controls
At this stage the Design mode on and off button (top right in the
default Controls toolbar configuration) is disabled, BUT the other
control buttons are enabled.
As soon as another control button is clicked the Design mode on/off
button becomes enabled. So to add a button to the Writer document click
on the button control in the Controls toolbar and draw the button onto
the Writer document. Now that the Design mode on/off button is enabled
design mode can be turned off with that button.
There is a similar looking button (bottom right in the default Controls
toolbar configuration) called Form Design which displays another the
Form Design toolbar. On this toolbar is another button called Open in
Design mode which determines hte state the document will be in on being
opened.

(From obtuse to verbal diarrhoea)

Thanks, Ian

Thanks, that did it on Linux. I was not trying the "Control" toolbar. There are similar buttons on one of the Form toolbars. When I added my own button, there were two instances listed with the same name and icon; I probably chose the wrong one. I will try this on Windows this afternoon. So, what is the "XML Forms" toolbar for? It also has a design mode on and off button as well.... I assume that it works with Forms in the Base document. But no, those are also full fledged text documents.

I was getting ready to file a bug report because I could not figure it out on the new version. As usual, it was just me! It was very annoying trying to work in the latest dev build and then opening 1.1.4 just so that I could add controls to the document.

Thanks again!

--
Andrew Pitonyak
My Macro Document: http://www.pitonyak.org/AndrewMacro.sxw