Alison Edgington wrote:

When pasting text from web pages into Office text documents, I get boxes around the text - sometimes I can remove these by using Tools - Text->table, but other times this option is not available and I am stuck with them. I find pressing delete after the last character moves the box to the next paragraph break, but this doesn't help much. What is going on?

I recommend that you choose to "paste as text". When you paste HTML, OOo attempts to create the format and structure of the pasted text into OpenOffice.org. In general, this is a good thing, but it can have side effects when it creates the tables structures used in the original HTML.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
My Macro Document: http://www.pitonyak.org/AndrewMacro.sxw