I think this is because your Windows 98 box has some older DLLs... I don't
remember the one (right now anyway)... maybe its MDAC?  Anyway, try the
windowsupdate site through IE (windowsupdate.microsoft.com) and have it install
any updates you might be missing.

Rob Winchester

--- Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'd be suprised if it is anything to do with OOo. I've just replicated
> you issue (using winxp and samba share from FCore2 box) for both OOo
> versions 1.1.4 and 1.9.62. Everything worked as it should.
>
> I would recommend that you check your samba settings but reply to the
> list if the problem persists and someone else may have a brainwave ...

=====
Rob Winchester
Download OpenOffice today!