I was recently delighted to find this open source alternative to MSCrap. After installing OO1.1.4 and editing and saving a few Word files (save as Microsoft Word 97/200/XP) I found that when I re-edit these files in MSWord and try to save them, Word crashes every time.

The problem does not occur if I save the file (fro OO) as an .rtf (in other words, I can later edit and save the file in Word without any problems).

I am running W2K, MSWord 2000, with all updates and service packs.

I have searched the archives for this but not found anything. Does anyone have a clue as to what may be happening?

Many thanks,

Alan