On Saturday, March 12, 2005 2:42 PM
Peter Kupfer wrote:

> I believe that if the QS is loaded, then the splash screen won't display
> when you open something.

That has not been my experience.

Quick Start was installed and the splash
screen displayed at every start after my initial
installation.  But not now.

It takes about 30 seconds for writer to open.
Without the Quick Start, writer takes about
a minute fifteen seconds to start. No splash
screen.

I never know until writer appears whether it
is going to start this time. Sometimes I double
click a *.odt document OO.o writer starts,
sometimes not.  Annoying.

David Teague,
Advocating Free Software and
Double Bass tuned in fifths