Gene Heskett wrote:

I personally would like to see it succeed, by either name, blowing M$Office out of both the enterprise and at home just because I'm not an M$ fan. But IMO, blocking the common user from filing a bug report is not in your best interests in the long run. If thats not how I was supposed to interpret that, then please feel free to correct me, and I'l go register (I thought I did that when it was installed and I chose the register now option because I'm on DSL) and file a proper bug report.

[...]

Hi Gene,

Just to clarify one point for you. When you install and "Register" OOo, this just collects statistics on the installations. You can search Issuezilla (the bug-tracking part of OOo), but to post you have to register on the site, just as you do with many forums.

I agree the whole set-up is not really user-friendly and you are not the first to be confused about the effects of registration. Like many areas of life it improves a little with familiarity.

Russell