hi frank

you are presumably talking about logging into the www.openoffice.org website. for that you need to create an account (register), after which you get an email message, to which you have to reply. (i think this is the procedure, it's been a long time since i've done it).

but, in case you do not know this, you can use OOo (the office suite program) without logging into the OOo webpage. you can also get most of the relevant information without this procedure. the only time i need to login to the webpage is when i want to enter a bug or a request for enhancement (RFE).

urska

SOTL wrote:
Hi All

I have been trying for several days to log into Open Office without success.

I have used the password I remember but since I am not 100% sure that that is the correct password I have ask for a new password which I have not received.

I tried creating a new account but did not receive a e-mail containing a password.

Response time to OpenOffice web site, to my box, would make a 30k dial up connection seem fast and I am on a T1 line.

Is there some problem on the OpenOffice end or is it on my end?

Thanks

Frank