Kirsten Swanson wrote:

> Quickstart is useless to me at the moment.  Do I misunderstand it?
>
> It offers me only "new document, template, My documents & samples"  Is
that
> really all it does?  No ability to browse local system documents?

All Quick Start can do is to save you time to start
OO.o components. Here's how:

At boot time, Quick Start loads dynamic linking
libraries (.dll files) required for OO.o modules. This
reduces the time for OO.o components by about
half. For OO.o 1.9.69 on my (moderately slow)
system this reduces the time from about a minute
fifteen seconds to 20 to 30 seconds.

Due to OO.o developer obedience (IMNSHO, slavish
obedience) to Microsoft Application Recommendations,
the menu many of us want to keep was removed after
1.1.4. This has been discussed several times on this list.

David Teague,
Advocating Free Software and
Double Bass tuned in fifths
www.dennismasuzzo.com