I don't know if you already got an answer to this, but you should be able
to make this work.  If  you use the quickstart to "open document" or
double click on the CSV file to open it, it will open in the Text module,
NOT what you want.  You need to first open (run) Calc.  Then from Calc's
File-open
dialogue point at the desired CSV file.  Calc should then invoke the text
import dialogue as you expect.