What is really irritating, is all these comfirmation requests could be eliminated by one minor tweak to the mailing list. All it takes is the deletion of the "Disposition-Notification-To:" header line by the mailing list manager to relieve the pain for all of us.

I have sent several requests to the owner of this mailing list to do this, but they have been ignored.

Nicu Buculei wrote:

Jorrit Linnert wrote:

Dear participants in the Open Office mailing list,

Could you please refrain from asking a receipt confirmation.
It's a bit annoying to click it away everytime...

I'm not a moderator, but a wee irritated user of this list.

you are right, is very irritating, but many of those confirmation request comes from newbies and unsubscribed users, so realistically, the chance to make them stop is very low.

i see you use Thunderbird, so i can give an advice: it can be set up to ignore those requests, either globally (Tools->Options->Advanced->Return Receipts) or on account basis (Tools->Account Settings->Return Receipts)