> I am an old (73yrs) newbie.
Congratulation!

> Thank God for Open Office!
Amen.

David,

I have a 20 Gb hard drive on my laptop and I'm starting to have space
issues as well.  However, I wouldn't blame the strain on OpenOffice.org.
According to OOo's website, the system requirement is about 1/4 of a Gb.
Therefore, if you have 15 Gb to work with, OOo is taking up less than 2%
of your drive space.  If I were you I would look to other things on your
computer that are taking up space --- downloaded files from the
internet (take a look in the web browser's temporary directory), movie
and music files (MPG, AVI, RAM, MP3, etc.).  I think this is your best
bet on reclaiming drive space; not messing with OOo.

Good luck,
Steve