On 23 Mar 2005 at 13:30, Gracia M. Littauer wrote:

> And many other variation on the theme ;^).
>
> It either doesn't print at all or prints in the wrong direction. The
> use of 'portrait' & landscape' is of course tricky; does it refer to
> how the envelope is sent in the printer or how it is seen by the
> program. I use #10, a very standard size. Why there isn't a decent
> stand alone envelope system in a 'professional' WP escapes me.
>
> > Did you go to Insert >> Envelope, then set up your address and
> > envelope, then do 'New Doc.'   If so, what did or did not happen.
> > What size envelope do you want.  I think DL works OK (that is what I
> > use) but other sizes don't work.
>
> --

I assume that what OO.o calls 'Env 10' is the same as #10.  If so, its a
bit wider and not so deep as a DL (which is a European size)

I feed my DL face down, top of the envelope to the right, at the right
side of the printer (an HP Deskjet 610C).  I have 'Print from bottom' set.

Have you tried setting up the envelope and then putting a sheet of
paper through.  That way you may find it is printing off the edge of the
envelope area or a different way round to what you expect.

For instance, I find with the European C5 envelope that if I have it set
up like the DL, it prints as if the envelope were on the left side of the
printer, face down, with the top of the envelope on the left.

So you may find that the settings that work are not the logical ones!

Tony Pursell
Another OO.o User