When you're modifying the paragraph style, click on Indents and Spacing (sorry if this is a little too basic!)... Select Fixed from the Line Spacing drop down list and enter a measurement (eg. 0.5cm). This should give you the same control as lines-per-inch?

- Naomi

In the (very) old days, I used to be able to set lines per inch in a document (with very inflexible fonts). Is there a way to do something analogous to that in writer? I would like to be able to tighten up the spacing between lines on some documents. I do not mean line spacing of 1, 1.5 or 2. What I want is a tad less than 1.

Thanks.

Joe