On Wednesday 23 March 2005 13:43, + godzimu wrote:
>  [ MODERATED ] ***********************
> Well, well,
> I really do not know what to think of Open Office from my specific
> angle?....First of all no answer on wherever forum or else to my problem.
> I loaded Oo 6 months ago with the intention to use it extensively
> starting from its word processor facility...all went fine until I bought
> an Asus 716 PDA runnning under MS pocket PC mobile Office. Why not Palm?
> because I am studying intensively languages (in particular Russian)
> which as you know calls for a cyrillic script and the work I am doing
> didn't seem to be easily feasible under Palm OS.

> I had started working on several documents with Oo..When I decided to
> try syncing the PDA and the PC all Oo documents  were refused and the

> conversion into straight Word didn't work to start with. I have got an
Ok, this is obviously the first thing you should try to get fixed. What
version of OpenOffice.org are you using ? 1.1.4 is the latest stable version
and there is a beta of what will become version 2.0 available to from
http://download.openoffice.org

> PC running under Windows XP and all other non Oodocuments would sync no
> problem...
> After trying several ways I got fed up and decided to unload Oo and to
> forget it although I like it..

> But I had a remaining document rather lengthy in Russian and french
> edited with Oo and I have to work on it now. So I just reloaded Oo and
> thought OK, no problem I'll convert my doc into a Word doc and from Word
> into Word pocket...Un fortunately I just cannot do it. the conversion
> gives me a lot of ????? in place of Russian...and that's into Word from
> the start..( my Word is OK for the international scripts and I am
> writing a lot of Russian with it) of course no way then to try and sync
> to the pocket as a result
This sounds like some missing fonts. As I know nothing of Russian fonts you
may want to ask on http://ru.openoffice.org/ -> "Mailing Lists".

> That means I have to start this lengthy work under Word all over
> again...Unless there is a solution which I have no time to discover
> after hours of chats and mails and adjustments to my great
> disappointment I'll have to definitely abandon the idea of working with
> Oo   ;-(( Shall I unload it again?
Ok, this attitude will definitely not get you much help.

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ