Matt Price wrote:
On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 07:31:00PM +0000, Andy Lewis wrote:

Matt Price wrote:

right now I'm writing

x^1

Yes - I see the problem. If I didn't want a subscript as well, I would just use a', typed as normal (not a^', way too high as you say).
To achieve "a'0", with the 0 as a subscript under the prime, the best I can do is:

 a_0^"/"

The slash has to in quotes otherwise the editor thinks I am trying to divide something, and can't work out what.

Any use?

thanks andy!  this is very close.  For capital letters, it looks great
-- with lowercase, the '/' still appears a little high up.  But still,
it's very close, thanks!

matt

A few more suggestions, I think some are repeats:

x binom{'}{0} newline
x binom{'}{o} newline
x' csub{0}

The binom stacks the two things. The 1st one the 0 looks very large, so I tried a lower case o and it is italicized, but those might work.

--
Peter Kupfer
OOo user since 'OO4