On 27 Mar 2005 at 11:41, Charles Burt wrote:

> Thank you for your response.  Unfortunately the program will not
> uninstall using the windows uninstall from control panal.  In addition
> there is no uninstall option on the cd therefore it appears non was
> installed.  Any other ideas?  Thankss for your help. Chuck Burt -----
> Original Message ----- From: "Tony Pursell"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Charles Burt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
> <users@openoffice.org> Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2005 6:18 PM Subject:
> Re: [users] [moderated] uninstall
>

> > On 20 Mar 2005 at 11:54, Charles Burt wrote:
> >
> > > Why can't I uninstall Open Office 1.1.4. I am using Windows XP
> > > uninstall.  I inserted the cd but there is no uninstall option.
> > > Please let me know how to uninstall he program. Thank you, Chuck
> > > Burt [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > On my Win 98SE PC, I would go to Start > Settings > Control
> > Panel >  Add/Remove Programs.  Find OpenOffice.org and click on
> > Add/Remove.  Choose Remove
> >
> > Alternatively, I would go to the CD you installed Open Office from
> > and run the setup.exe program and choose Remove.
> >
> > But why do you want to remove such a good piece of free software?
> >
> > Tony Pursell
> > Another OpenOffice user

I am not an XP user.  Perhaps there is an issue with XP.  Are you
logging in as Administrator to do this?  I think you should be.

I am currently removing a couple of ver 2.0 Betas and they do take a
long time.  So maybe you just need to be patient.

May I suggest that you subscribe to the users@openoffice.org list as
there will be others with XP experience that can help you.

Whether you subscribe or not, please reply to users@openoffice.org,
not to me personally.  I only included your personal email because I
knew you were not subscribed.

Tony Pursell