On 28 Mar 2005 at 11:47, George Duller wrote:

> I have Open Office.org2.0 installed. Much of it works very well, but I
> am having trouble with two things. I seem to be quite unable to print
> a single DL sized envelope. I should be grateful for any advice  on
> this point. It may be a bug, but it is more likely to be my
> incompetence. The second problem arises when I try to set up a simple
> database. I fail every time and I find the Help less than helpful.
> Thank you for any advice,
>                                    George Duller

Hi George

I haven't had any problem with DL envelopes in the stable 1.1.4 version
with the correct setup.  That's with my HP Laserjet 610C which has a
DL envelope feed on the right, with the envelope fed face down and top
edge to the right.

But a quick try on 2.0 beta (actually 1.9.84) it just seems to want to print
as if fed top edge first.  What's more, if I move the address across to
the left (because the initial setup is too far right) it truncates the address
lines on the right.  So I hope 2.0 isn't buggy in this respect - I shall be a
bit upset, if it is, as I like printing my envelopes.  It gives a good
professional look.

While I try and get 2.0 to work, would you like to tell me if you have
used 1.1.4 successfully?  And give us a bit of information on your
printer and operating system.

Please reply to the list and consider subscribing to it.  I have replied to
you personally as I don't think you are subscribed.  Please don't reply to
my personal email address.

I hope someone else will respond to your database query (it would
probably be better if you wrote separately to the list on that one)

Tony Pursell
Another OO.o User