----- Original Message -----
From: "G. Roderick Singleton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@openoffice.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2005 2:02 PM
Subject: Re: [users] Lock up

> On Sat, 2005-03-19 at 09:53 +0000, George Spencer wrote:
> > Hi
> > I sent a previous e-mail detailing my problems which mainly concern the
program locking up after saving, closing a file and then trying to open
another file. Some one very kindly sent me 103 replies but none of these
related to the problem.
> > Could someone PLEASE help me as I do not want to go back to using
Microsoft Word.

> > G Spencer
>
> WHich OS? WHICH version of OOo? Do you have less than 128Mb of memory?
> Are you attempting to access something on the internet from within your
> document?
> You need to include this info with every question, please.
>
> The number of messages you received seems to be what one could expect
> each day from this list. I'll bet most of what you received were not
> related to your specific problem. Use the filtering capablities of your
> email client to help you manage the influx or, perhaps, you would like
> the users list digest better.
>
> Now to make some guesses as to your problem. I think that you have an
> image or something else that is a hyperlink to some remote site. If you
> are not connected to the Web or the site is gone or refusing to serve,
> you will have symptoms such as what you describe. Check it out and
> remember to put the info we need in your next response.
>
> Reply only to the list.
> --
> Documentation Co-Lead
> http://documentation.openoffice.org/

Thanks for the reply
I am using Windows ME with 256mb of memory.
My document is a standard text with data in tables there is no hyperlink and
the OpenOffice program is not used on the Web.
It has been suggested by my local computer shop that the file headers are
corrupted if they are how does one repair them.
I have been using OpenOffice for about one year and until now have been very
happy, have just upgraded to version 1.1.4 but wether this
has any bearing on the problem I do not know.
This time I recieve about 700 e-mail replies, your suggestion of using a
filter of my e-mail client sounds interesting but how do you do it, I have
no
idea on this sort of thing.

Thanks again for the reply

G Spencer