Sasa Kelecevic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> skrev den Mon, 28 Mar 2005 10:07:15 -0800:

Jonathon Coombes wrote:

On Sat, 2005-03-26 at 02:32 +0100, Johnny Andersson wrote:

Hi!

Having tried for hours now, searching on the web, trying and failing, there seem to be only one more thing I didn't try yet: To give up...

What I want to do is to copy all values of the cells in a cell range to a combo box in a dialog. I was thinking about doing it the following way:

I am guessing that the number of cells in the range is going to vary, right? There are simpler ways of populating a combo box. It may not be suitable for what you are doing, but do you know you can set a combobox data range to be a range (eg A1:A10).

IIRC  form controls (combo box,list box.....) only.
Form = main toolbar -form function

Does that mean that it will only work with forms, not with dialogs? It seems like that's the case anyway.

I cannot seem to set it to a named range however, which may be
a request for enhancment option. If you set the range and then
add rows into it, the combo box will automatically adjust for
the new rows to fill the dropdown list.

Regards
Jonathon

For dialog combo box maybe you can use/adapt
code from ooodocs.org ......ComboBox_in_a_Sheet_En.sxc
Dialog = basic IDE
HTH
sasa k.

Yes, lucky for me there was some interesting basic code there. However, that particular combo box could have done exactly the same thing without any macros at all. Destination cell and source range can be set by right click the combobox, then Controllers (or something, I run the Swedish version so my menues are in Swedish) and then the data tab...

Needed for the combobox or not, the Basic code was very useful for me and I think I can use parts of it in my dialog. Thanks you, all of you!

Johnny