Thanks

This solution partly worked

LOOKUP returned the appropriate answer where the concatenated value (C38 in
this example) matched a value in the 1st RawData Column

However when no value matched it returned the cell for the nearest matching
value rather than 0

For example when
search criterion = 5114
Search vector = 5114
Result vector = 700

Result in cell is 700 (correct)

But when
search criterion = 5115
Search vector = not present
Result vector = not present (but 5114 is 700)

Result in cell is 700 (which I think is incorrect)

Any way round this.

I seem to recall this sort of thing is/was a problem with Excel and is part
of the reason I switched in the first place.

Benedict