I cannot argue with this logic....maybe its just a question of getting rid of bad MS habits and assumptions.

It is, however, a bit confusing to simply print something without ever looking at the page settings---and discover the the printer landscape/portrait setting has no effect.

Joe wrote:

IMHO, that's the way it should work.  Page Setup decides what happens by
default  and setting it in a page style allows you to override this when
you need to - even for just selected pages in a document.

Joe

Mark Herring wrote:

> When printing from OOo, there are two options to set the
> landscape/portrait mode.  If set in the OOo page setup, that seems to
> override the printer settings.  This seems unecessarily confusing,
> especially when playing around with non-standard paper sizes.
> Is there a way of telling OOo how to print in a less ambiguous way?
>
> -Mark Herring
>
> (OOo 2 Beta on FC3 Linux)

"It's a short step from buying votes to stealing elections; morally, the two acts amount to the same thing. As Bastiat wrote, the moral test of any law is whether it enables the state to commit what would be a crime for a private citizen. If you have no right to rob your neighbor, you have no right to ask the state to tax him for your benefit." - Joseph Sobran