Wow, has OOo users list changed that much since I last subscribed about a year ago? Have your focus groups discovered that disparaging remarks about interested users are a uniquely effective marketing tool? Perhaps I will try that when I advocate OOo among my students, residents, and colleagues, or on the other lists to which I belong. At least, that's what I have been doing for a long time. I've even urged people to join this list, as a great support resource. Perhaps it is time to stop.

What is "totally it" is that, like many of us, I am busy working (you know, taking care of sick people?), and so occasionally some time goes by before I get to my e-mail.

I beg your pardon if I misunderstood something about the philosophy of OOo with regard to upgrades and file formats. Seemed like an innocent enough question.

Thank you, CPH, for upholding the level-heded and helpful traditions of the list.
--
Christopher W. Ryan, MD
and Wilson Family Practice Residency, Johnson City, NY

"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea." [Antoine de St. Exupery]

Rod Engelsman wrote: