On Thursday 07 April 2005 14:21, Barry Vogel wrote:
> Hi
> when i first save my work and then add more text or data in writer
it won't let me save in samefile name.  I have to save it  under
different file name.

> I find this to be very irritating.
> Barry J. Vogel

I imagine.

Platinum Perfect pro office system support is here:
http://www.cosmi.com/Support/support.aspx?Cust=rI0s3ZNEixBk/uxVnZteXg==

It sounds like to me that you need to reinstall.
Wonder what Operating System you are using?
Wonder what version this was derived from?

You can download OpenOffice.org for free at
http://www.openoffice.org/
The current stable version is 1.1.4

regards,
Richard.