I'm using OOo 2 beta, and tried this with a very small spreadsheet I'm using. When I changed data in the spreadsheet, I simply left-clicked one time on the chart (selecting the chart), and the chart automatically updated with no additional input from me. That's on a WinXP computer, however, so I would also have to try it on a Linux machine to see if it works the same way. It should.

Graham P Davis wrote:

I've tried double-clicking on the chart and trying "Edit - Chart Data",
as per the instructions, but "Chart Data" is always greyed out. Is this
a bug with 1.1.3 and, if so, is it fixed in 2.0?

I'm running Linux and have tried this in Gnome and KDE 3.4 .

Graham