RobDaFob wrote:
i have office org.1.1.1 and i type my essays in it under - "text document". i have just typed 5pages and i only want to know how many words are in 2pages etc.or even a paragraph. it wont tell me. cause the program doesn't allow you too.or at least i cant find how to change the settings. i would like some help on word count settings. at the moment its only doing the entire document. this program only does the 'entire' document with word count- the 5pages-including titles etc. which i don't need counted.

eg. so if 'i' have done 50 words of my own, the word count will tell me 105wrds including where i wrote "assignment 1, page 1, titles and everything else i don't need.

Hoping someone can make sense out of my posting.. Look forward to hearing from anyone who can help...I am a new user to computers, so please detail your reply in as much detail as possible..(sorry)

Thanking You Kindly..

Jen

Add FUN to your email - CLICK HERE! <http://www.incredimail.com/index.asp?id=54475>
A simple Google search for "OpenOffice Word Count" and then two clicks
later I found this:
<http://www.darwinwars.com/lunatic/bugs/oo_macros.html#bwc>.

It is a macro for 1.1 to accomplish this. 2.0 will have it built in.

Did you know that there are more ways to find OOo info than the user
list? They might even save you the time of waiting! Here are some other
suggested areas to check:

1) Use OOo help.
2) Go to <<documentation.openoffice.org>>. Search the *docs*, *FAQs* and
*How To's*. Many questions are already answered.
3) Scan the mailing list archives for related messages. You can search
 the users list here <<http://tinyurl.com/6edyk>>.
4) Use Google or other search engine.
5) If these fail, then ask on an appropriate list.

These tips are expanded upon at <<http://tinyurl.com/3qy4k>>.

HTH,

--
Peter Kupfer -- Using OOo since 'OO4