Mark Herring wrote:
To:  Cosmi

InRe: Perfect Pro Office

cc:  OpenOffice.org mailing list

Sirs;

In you ads, you do not acknowledge the heritage from OpenOffice.org. This seems a bit unethical.

Also, at least one of your customers has written to our mailing list looking for help. Where did he get that idea?

Finally, what value-added features do you have that are not in the free product from OpenOffice.org?

thanks

Mark Herring

In Cosmi's defense, right on the CD that I bought from them at Office Depot it says "Open Office: Writer, Calc, Form (DB), Impress, HTML Ed., Math, Draw..."

Even when you load it up, it still says OpenOffice.org in the title bar.
There are other companies that change the title of the program things
like PTK Tech Office.

I don't have a problem with Cosmi. I bought Perfect Office Pro for I
think $30 at the store and it came with 6000 cliparts, 1000 fonts, 600
sound effects, OOo, and a lot of other stuff that I didn't use and
wasn't very good. They don't hide it, they just say you can get a MS
compatible office product. If anything, they are doing us a favor.

I had never heard of OOo and I use the computer and net all the time and
I would have thought I would have stumbled upon it. Now, thanks to Cosmi
in a way, I contribute a lot and think I have done positive things for
OOo I wouldn't have otherwise.

If you want to launch a smear campaign against a bad, unethical company,
launch it against, http://www.luxuriousity.com/.

Nothing personal, I just feel a need to defend Cosmi.

Have a good one,

--
Peter Kupfer -- Using OOo since 'OO4
[EMAIL PROTECTED]