find the entry "Hideextensions for known file types" and uncheck the checkbox
for thisentry 5) click Apply and OK.  All file extensions should now display
inany Explorer window.
At 06:01 AM 4/9/2005, youwrote:Message-ID:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 23:31:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: Joe Marks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: users@openoffice.org
Subject: Re: [users] E-Mail attachments

--- Dan Lewis <dldlewisedelewisom> wrote:
> On Friday 08 April 2005 02:59 pm, Joe Marks wrote:
> > I am using a WindowsXP computer with Firefox and
> > Thunderbird I got an E-mail that hasa<SNIP>

 From one source I get Attached .sxw text files that
work fine.  The .sxc spreadsheet attachments comes
from another source (another sender).  In both cases
the extensions show up in the original E-mail itself
When I open the attachments to the E-Mail with the
.sxw attachemnts, they open fine.  When I open the
attachments to the E-Mail with the .sxc attachments,
the .sxc file extension is gone.  In both cases I used
the same opening procedure.  With this new
information, can anyone say what the problem is?

How do I find the file extension preferences to see
what they are set at?

Joe