On Tuesday, April 12, 2005 8:13 PM
Peter Kupfer [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

<SNIP>
> There is a program call outlook quotefix, I don't know where, but I bet
> Google does that allows it and works pretty well. Or, I would suggest
> trying Mozilla Thunderbird. Overall, I have been very happy with it.

That is interesting. I have the most recent Thunderbird and Firefox
installers downloaded and ready to install.

For those interested, Google gives the URL and a description for
Outlook-QuoteFix:
http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/outlook-quotefix/
Description
  Outlook-QuoteFix can modify MS Outlook's message composition windows
on-the-fly to allow for correct quoting and to change the appearance of your
plain-text replies and forwards in general: move your signature, use
compressed indentation, customize your quote header, etc.

<SNIP>

> The other thing I learned is that if you preceed your sig with a -- the
> a lot of e-mail apps will snip it so it doesn't show up in replies.

Ah Ha. I'll go modify my signature files to add the --

> > I appreciate your suggestions on how to post without
> > being annoying.
>
> For the record, I never called you annoying. :)

I wouldn't have been offended if you had. I was asking
for advice, and you gave it. I appreciate that  I know
from experience that people can be really annoyed by
things as such as top posting or by a too-long signature
file. I don't want to be annoying.

Many thanks again.

David Teague, http://cs.wcu.edu/~dbt
Advocating Free Software and